Package 1 (Includes maximum of 10 college/university applications)
- Work with students to determine college goals and desired college characteristics.
- Work with students to search and find Safety, Target, and Reach schools to which students wish to apply (match student wishes and qualifications to college characteristics).
- Recommend most appropriate colleges and universities to which students should apply.
- Work with students to recall and organize important activities, accomplishments, and honors.
- Work with students to create detailed resume in format preferred by college admission officers.
College Applications for Admission
- Research and identify all required application materials for student-selected colleges and universities.
- Provide detailed questionnaire for students to complete as a draft application for college admission.
- Complete Table of Application Deadlines and Essay Prompts.
- Complete Master Checklist of Application Tasks.
- Outline tasks required to request, complete and submit Letters of Recommendation.
- Review applications prior to online submittal.
- E-mail reminders of application tasks and deadlines to students and parents.
Essay Review and Editing
- Critique and edit essays, short-answer responses, 1-2 sentence and single-word responses. Service is limited to 3 long-answer and 3 short-answer essays. Additional essay editing includes a charge of $100 per long-answer essay and $50 per short-answer essay.
- Work with families to determine which college is most affordable.
- Provide recommendations for families to consider when making final selection of college student should attend.
College Enrollment Preparation
- Provide instructions and advice on the steps students and parents should take to prepare for college enrollment.
Package 2 (Includes All of Package 1 PLUS Financial Aid Tasks)
Financial Aid - Identify Available Financial Aid and Associated Applications
- Includes all of Package 1 (above), plus tasks required to apply for the financial aid student is eligible to receive.
- Research and identify campus-based scholarships and grants requiring additional applications.
- Provide instructions for federal and state grant applications, including FAFSA, CSS/PROFILE and CAL GRANTS.
- Provide reminders of deadlines for campus-based, federal and state scholarship and grant applications.
Freshman / Sophomore Year Packages
- Review of course curriculum and provide recommendations to build student academic qualifications.
- Assist with planning extracurricular activities to increase student potential for college admission.
- Work with students to set goals and to provide motivation for achieving those goals.
- Provide periodic checks on students' progress with reaching agreed upon goals.
Cost: $100 for initial consultation, $100/hour for additional consultation